Monday, January 17, 2011

Tuesday Tutorial-Tutu cute

My sweet niece is in the princess stage- I love it!! I knew exactly what I was going to make her for Christmas- a tutu!! and a purple tutu at that(her favorite color) I've seen a lot of tutorials online some that are faster than others. I ended up following one I found on youtube that involves fishing line, hand knotting each piece of tulle and then sewing a ribbon over it to tie around her waist. It took me two nights but probably could have been done in one, it was 22 inches long to go around her waist and she'll be able to wear it for awhile since it ties instead of is a piece of elastic. For length measure from waist to knees and double that as it's tied in to the top after being folded in half.
youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu91Gt1OEUA
not the best picture but you can see the ribbon that ties around her waist up top and all the fun tulle.


To comlete her princess look I appliqued a crown onto a t shirt: purple and white polka dot fabric, added some jewels for bling and a "C" for her name then completed the kit with a wand.


I am thankful to say she loves it. She wears it everywhere and throws it on over jeans or tights which is just as I imagined. I also hear she doesn't go anywhere without the wand. yay.



all ready to be wrapped. I can't wait to make one of these for my little kiddos... or myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...