Friday, February 4, 2011

a little of this and that

This has been a rough week for me. Not a lot of crafting or a lot of feeling awesome- sometimes that is just how it goes. I've been working mostly on this knit hat for my beau and it'll easily be done by tomorrow night-just in time for spring? Regardless- he's really excited to have something from me that I made and it looks so good with his blue eyes.



Last night I sat down for a breath of fresh air and made this headband inspired by this post I modified it a bit and am dying to wear it- it'll look great on date night tomorrow with my hair curled! The man says it looks like a flapper head band- I hope that's a good thing because I'm feeling sassy in it.


Tonight I found some love and whipped up a lemon merinque pie for my sweetheart to celebrate his first job offer today!! We are thrilled and excited to see where this will take us, but fingers crossed for the an offer from his dream job next week-I know, we're picky. I'd never made a pie crust from scratch before- I know, blasphemy for a southern gal. I learned that they shrink when you cook them- we didn't have quite enough crust and this was my first merinque- it turned out delish!


just talked over how to do the peaks from my husband- next time it'll be perfect! but you know it tasted yummy, just look at this next picture :)




Check out my cutie snuggling with his best friends- feels a bit like a "where's waldo" huh? Sweet Mingo.





Today I posted on:
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!


Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get a comment one day and make some Blog world Friends :)

3 comments:

  1. that is a precious precious puppy!! Thanks for visiting Ladybug Blessings and commenting :) Would love for you to come link up to Handmade Tuesdays next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made my morning Kristen!! Thank you :) I'll definitely link up Tuesday...now, which craft? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won the Elk Dresses giveaway on my blog! Shoot me an email to crapivemade@gmail.com to claim your prize!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...