Sunday, February 13, 2011

happy headbands



This week I've been making headbands. After work I'll come home and throw one on and it instantly makes me happy. how could they not?! Instant sassy. These are all inspired by other blogs out there.

The original for this headband had one big heart, but I like my three. I used sobo glue and everytime I wear it some sequins fall off that I have to replace- so you should try something different if you make one.





I found the tutorial for this flower here and thought it would be perfect on a headband.




I've been re-purposing this fabric and decided it'd be a great go with everything headband. The tutorial I found for the flower is here. I attached the flower to a pin thinking I could wear the headband with or without it and that I could then add it to blazers if I felt like it. This is definitely the best fitting most stay put headband. I took a regular hair elastic and cut it in half then measured my head where I would want the headband. I then subtracted the amount of the elastic from this total and made the fabric that length. I added some extra stitching for detail. Just sew the elastic into the fabric fold at the end.



I am definitely going to make some more! What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Headbands are so quick and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CUTE!
    Headbands ARE a cute pick me up for your hair.
    I like them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.

    Val
    www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com (visit me)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...